The video gaming industry continues to grow
on Thursday,January 07,2010 22:01
In recent years, many designers have been casting more lingering glances at jobs within the gaming industry. Video games can be a perfect fit for tech-savvy graphic designers or engineers, and with a wealth of job opportunities on the horizon, more and more student designers are turning to a career in gaming.
From the first time Mario trounced a goomba to the 30-hit combo Ken pulls off on Dhalsim, video games have become a multi-million dollar industry - and growing sales means growing employment. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the employment of software designers will increase 30 percent by 2018, with the demand for graphics designers growing by 13 percent over the same time period.
"The U.S. is the No. 1 video game market in the world," claims Michael Gallagher, the chief executive officer for the Entertainment Software Association in an interview with NPR. "So, here at home we have a very strong market for employment in video games."
Those seeking to enter the gaming industry can find training at any of the more than 200 institutions offering degrees in game and graphic design, with schools ranging from MIT to the DigiPen Institute of Technology.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.