Michelin announces design competition for the cars of the future
on Monday,January 11,2010 23:01
Throughout history many people have attempted to predict what the automobile of the future would hold. Movies like Demolition Man and Minority Report envisioned automated automobiles that could drive themselves, while TV shows like the Jetsons predicted collapsible flying cars that could be carried around like a suitcase.
A new design competition from tire manufacturer Michelin is asking designers to envision the future of the automotive industry with its new Plus 10: The Best is yet To Come design competition. The competition will accept applications from designers across the country seeking to define what the transportation systems of 2021 will look like.
The competition, the company''s 10th, will ask designers to create vehicle concepts based on the unique needs and lifestyles of specific regions, with the winner to be displayed at Michelin''s 2011 North American International Auto Show Exhibit.
"Milestones are opportunities for reflection and forward thinking," said Tom Chubb, the company''s vice president of marketing. "Michelin is doing both to celebrate our 10th year of competition by challenging the international design community, both professional and student, to predict or even influence the types of vehicles motorists in their specific country or region would drive in the future."
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.