Two jewelry designers work featured on One Tree Hill
on Monday,January 11,2010 23:01
For successful designers, mass exposure is one of the most important keys to success particularly in the world of fashion. That''s why two New Orleans jewelry designers recently jumped at the chance to showcase their projects on the hit CW drama One Tree Hill.
Madilynn Nelson and Julie Little were two bead enthusiasts until a shared revelation at a local trade show inspired them to go into the design business together. Over the past year and a half, the pair has cultivated an impressive resume of designer jewelry utilizing specially cut stones, strings of pearls, hand-gilded Ostrich eggs, and chunks of coral among other ingredients.
Proving the old adage about "who you know," Nelson recently gifted a burnished gunmetal and black pearl necklace for a friend''s birthday. The friend happened to be Carol Cutshall, the lead costume designer for One Tree Hill.
The unique coloring and material presented not only a stunning image, but provided the experienced costumer with the perfect coloration for TV.
"When I got that first necklace and saw the burnished metals, it was perfect for camera," Cutshall tells NOLA.com. "Lots of jewelry is too reflective. And the muted tones and raw stones are so pretty."
Though she eventually turned the necklace over to the show''s star Sophia Bush, Cutshall admits to wearing the necklace before bringing it in to film.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.