Interior designers plot more traditional kitchens for 2010
on Wednesday,January 13,2010 22:01
As is the case in most art forms, trends in interior design are often a reflection of the times they are born out of. In a time of increased accountability and financial struggle it may be a small wonder that analysts are predicting a return to traditional styles when it comes to remodeling one''s kitchen.
With the bulk of people investing in kitchen remodeling shifting from new homebuyers to first-time renovators, the trend in interior design has become increasingly practical. That being said, designers have been hard at work creating kitchens that are designed to provide homeowners with more bang for their buck.
What they found was that classic styles were often cheaper and easier to produce, while projecting an air of sophistication.
"The principle guideline today''s homeowners use when re-evaluating what they want in a major redesigned living space, like the kitchen, is to balance their dreams and desires with what is practical and realistic," John Troxell of an Illinois cabinet company tells the New Lenox Patriot. "A traditional design is one that never goes out of style."
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.