Boston photo exhibit chronicles the Iranian hostage crisis
on Wednesday,January 13,2010 22:01
War can create scenes of unimaginable pain and suffering, and yet it can also paradoxically showcase the noblest qualities of the human spirit. A new photography exhibition from a Boston-area photographer hopes to capture a bit of both with a new exhibit appearing at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center.
Randy Goodman is presenting a collection of approximately 30 prints in color as well as in black and white detailing the photographer''s firsthand experiences as a teacher living in a conflicted region during the Iranian Hostage Crisis and the Iran-Iraq war.
"I was asked by the journalist William Worthy if I wanted to go along as a photographer with a grassroots delegation of Americans who were traveling to meet with the people holding the hostages," the photojournalist tells the Cambridge Tab. "When you''re 24 and full of adventure, you see something like this as an opportunity to do what you always wanted to do."
Goodman participated in the 10-day tour of the newly seized American embassy in Tehran, returned the following year as a part of a CBS news crew only to return yet again as contracted photographer with Time magazine.
The exhibition, titled Iran: Images from Beneath a Chador The Hostage Crisis to the Iran-Iraq War (1980-83) will run through March.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.