Missouri photo exhibit showcases the work of Pulitzer Prize winning shutterbugs
on Monday,January 18,2010 23:01
The Pulitzer Prize is the world''s most preeminent award for journalistic excellence in categories ranging from breaking news reporting, feature writing, investigative journalism and photography. Photo''s honored with the prize speak to a solemn moment in history and present an iconic view of the past, and a large collection of them are currently on display at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence, Missouri.
The nearly 140 images date back as far as 1942, with photos encapsulating everything from the iconic flag raising in Iwo Jima to images of an American soldier gently sobbing as he reads a letter in Iraq.
"These classics of photojournalism capture defining moments of our times," Museum Curator Clay Bauske told Missourinet.com. "They bear stark witness to war and brutality. They honor heroism, compassion and the strivings of ordinary people for better lives. And behind each indelible image is a second, moving tale: the story of how each photographer made the picture that won the prize."
The exhibit will run through the rest of January before moving to a South Korean Museum the following week.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.