Cadillac unveils sleeker interior design in concept car
on Wednesday,January 20,2010 21:01
Cadillac has revealed a new concept car that is designed to give drivers a sleek, futuristic feel and technological conveniences, Crave reports.
The company''s XTS Platinum concept design, which was unveiled at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show, can run on either a plug-in hybrid or 350 horsepower, V6 engine, according to the media outlet.
In addition to an electronic control panel and touch-screen displays, the vehicle''s interior features cream leather, dark wood grains and chrome air vents, according to Urban Network.
LCD screens are also installed in the backs of the driver''s and passenger''s seats to keep backseat riders entertained.
Christine Park, an interior designer for the automobile manufacturer, told the news source the car''s design was inspired by an orchid.
Like the exotic flower, it is "elegant, beautiful and luxur[ious]" without any "unnecessary detail that bother and distract the eye."
In alignment with the brand''s philosophy, "Art and Science," designers wanted to ensure that the car looked "futuristic but not unachievable," said Ed Welburn, vice president of global design for General Motors, Cadillac''s parent company.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.