Design competition seeks to provide scholarships for creative students
on Tuesday,January 19,2010 23:01
With the economic recession creating a dire financial situation in many homes across the countries, some high school seniors may be having a hard time affording college. In an effort to help advance the education of inner city kids gain access to higher education, the Art Institute of Atlanta has announced its 2010 Poster Design Competition for Georgian high school students.
The competition, which awards up to a full-tuition scholarship for students entering a local art institute, is designed to create opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in graphic design or obtaining a degree in the creative arts.
Entrants are tasked with creating an interesting and unique poster reflecting the competition''s message that "Life Is Better With Art In It."
"We are honored to be able to sponsor the National Poster Design Competition for talented high school seniors who are artistically creative," claims the Institute''s campus director, Brian Mazur. "The competition enables teens to demonstrate their creative perspectives and presents an opportunity to pursue an education in a field they are passionate about. Now in its seventh year, the competition is a way to encourage and reward exceptional young artistic talent and nurture it in a formal, academic setting."
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.