Grammys plan 3D Michael Jackson tribute for 2010
on Friday,January 22,2010 23:01
This month will see the 52nd Annual Grammy awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, the first Grammy celebration since the passing of Michael Jackson last June. To properly remember the King of Pop, the program will feature a rollicking 3D tribute to the late performer featuring guest appearances by Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Usher among others.
The tribute will borrow largely from a segment filmed early last year for Jackson''s comeback concert series and later for the movie, "This is It." In the video, Jackson performs the noted eco-ballad Earth Song, off of his 1995 album HIStory.
Ken Ehrlich, the producer of the 3D segment felt that the song and the presentation would make for a fitting tribute to the late singer.
"When we knew that everybody was kind of looking to see what the Grammy''s were going to do about Michael Jackson it really came down to what I felt and what we all felt Michael would have wanted," he told Entertainment Tonight. "Michael would have wanted us to do Earth Song and that''s what we''re doing in the show."
CBS, the network broadcasting the event, has teamed with Target to distribute anaglyph 3D glasses so that viewers at home can get the full effect.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.