Victoria Beckham asked to design posh new hotel
on Tuesday,January 26,2010 20:01
Victoria Beckham may soon have a new position to add to her resume - interior designer.
The former Spice Girl has been asked by Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, to design a new luxury hotel, the Mirror reports.
Proponents of the hotel, which will be built on the fashion-themed Isla Moda island off the coast of the city, have offered the style icon $25 million to lend her interior design insight to the project.
Should she accept the generous proposal, Posh - who has her own fashion collection and three children - would work with fashion designer Karl Lagerfield and have a very hands-on role in the hotel''s development.
She was asked to associate her name with the facility and offer her opinions on room design, wardrobes and furnishings, according to the media outlet.
Beckham and her husband, soccer star David Beckham, met the sheik last year on a vacation to the Gulf and have kept in contact via email for the past year, the news source suggests. She has not yet responded to his offer.
Despite recent reports that the couple was considering a move back to the U.K., Beckham plans to stay in the U.S. to focus on her fashion line and raising her sons, the Daily Mail reports.
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.