Kardashian sisters to show off design skills at New York Fashion Week
on Tuesday,January 26,2010 23:01
Sisters Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian will make their fashion design debut at New York Fashion Week next month, the Global Grind reports.
The Keeping Up with the Kardashians stars were hired by bebe - a women''s label that is noted for its high-end, rhinestone-encrusted sportswear and silky party garb - to design their own collection, which will be unveiled in February.
While they will not be featured in the event''s primary location in Bryant Park, the sisters will reveal their designs February 16 at Stage 37 on the west side of Manhattan, according to the media outlet.
Their show will kick off a two-day event called STYLE360, which will showcase 10 independent or emerging designers, according to People.
This is not Kim''s only connection to the fashion industry, as she is the co-founder and chief fashion stylist for ShoeDazzle, a shoe-of-the-month club, according to WWD.com.
The bebe line may be influenced by Kim''s love for the 1940s, as she told the media outlet that she thinks the era''s "old-school glam hair and retro makeup mixed with modern clothes is really glamorous."
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.