Lei announces contest for current and prospective fashion design majors
on Friday,January 29,2010 17:01
Students who wish to add real-world experience to a college degree program in fashion design could win financial assistance and a modeling contract from L.e.i.
The denim brand has announced a competition for girls aged 15 to 21 who wish to further their education and gain insight into the fashion industry.
In collaboration with Teen Vogue and Fashion Delivers, a charity, the contest challenges young women to explain how they embody life, energy and intelligence, and why they should be included in the company''s upcoming ad campaign.
Each submission will be critiqued by a panel of judges, which includes Teen Vogue editor-in-chief Amy Astley, fashion designer Rachel Roy, models Chanel Iman and Ali Michael as well as Allan Elinger, CEO of Fashion Delivers.
Qualified applicants may be able to shoot their video at events in New York, Miami and Los Angeles.
The grand prize winner will receive a $100,000 college scholarship, a feature in L.e.i.''s fall 2010 ad campaign, a fashion makeover and new wardrobe, an internship with Teen Vogue and a trip to the magazine''s Young Hollywood party in Los Angeles.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.