Photo exhibit is culmination of a long growth process for German shutterbug
on Monday,February 01,2010 23:02
Breaking into the world of professional photography can be an exceedingly difficult feat. For German photographer, Uwe Gsedl, his new exhibit titled "Through My Eyes" is a validation of his choice to pursue a career grown from a hobby.
Gsedl received his first camera, an Agfa Agfamatic, while still a teenager living in Frankfurt. Though his early shots typically centered on more pedestrian subjects - friends, concerts, etcetera the artist would find a passion for imaging that would carry him through a typesetter''s apprenticeship and a career as a graphic artist.
After enrolling in photography classes at the College of DuPage, Gsedl found himself enraptured by the artistic and technical side of portrait work. The artist tells OnTheGo.com that studying photography allowed him to "see[ ] the light. It was my ''ah ha'' moment."
In this new exhibit, Gsedl uses a subtle combination of natural and artificial light to frame the more subtle aspects of his subjects. A standout among his work is "Madame," a black and white print capturing the elegance and confidence of American model Shalondra Rae.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- A Los Angeles-based private college offering programs in medical sciences, legal studies, and graphic design since 1985.
- Has weekend programs, including certified veterinary technology, nurse assistant, and hemodialysis technician.
- Showcases visual communication students’ artwork and design through campus magazine.
- 3 campuses in Southern California.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
• Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
• About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
• Accepts transfer credits for other accredited colleges and universities.
• Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Online Courses
- Has offered career-oriented degree programs in San Diego County, CA since 1978.
- Students get a new laptop and get to keep it as a gift upon graduation.
- Part of their stated mission is "educating people for rewarding careers".
- A private, non-profit school
- Monthly start dates let students choose when their program begins.
- Programs offered at 3 locations as well as online.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.