Photo exhibit is culmination of a long growth process for German shutterbug
on Monday,February 01,2010 23:02
Breaking into the world of professional photography can be an exceedingly difficult feat. For German photographer, Uwe Gsedl, his new exhibit titled "Through My Eyes" is a validation of his choice to pursue a career grown from a hobby.
Gsedl received his first camera, an Agfa Agfamatic, while still a teenager living in Frankfurt. Though his early shots typically centered on more pedestrian subjects - friends, concerts, etcetera the artist would find a passion for imaging that would carry him through a typesetter''s apprenticeship and a career as a graphic artist.
After enrolling in photography classes at the College of DuPage, Gsedl found himself enraptured by the artistic and technical side of portrait work. The artist tells OnTheGo.com that studying photography allowed him to "see[ ] the light. It was my ''ah ha'' moment."
In this new exhibit, Gsedl uses a subtle combination of natural and artificial light to frame the more subtle aspects of his subjects. A standout among his work is "Madame," a black and white print capturing the elegance and confidence of American model Shalondra Rae.
- A Los Angeles-based private college offering programs in medical sciences, legal studies, and graphic design since 1985.
- Has weekend programs, including certified veterinary technology, nurse assistant, and hemodialysis technician.
- Showcases visual communication students’ artwork and design through campus magazine.
- 3 campuses in Southern California.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Flexible Scheduling
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.