Photo exhibit is culmination of a long growth process for German shutterbug
on Monday,February 01,2010 23:02
Breaking into the world of professional photography can be an exceedingly difficult feat. For German photographer, Uwe Gsedl, his new exhibit titled "Through My Eyes" is a validation of his choice to pursue a career grown from a hobby.
Gsedl received his first camera, an Agfa Agfamatic, while still a teenager living in Frankfurt. Though his early shots typically centered on more pedestrian subjects - friends, concerts, etcetera the artist would find a passion for imaging that would carry him through a typesetter''s apprenticeship and a career as a graphic artist.
After enrolling in photography classes at the College of DuPage, Gsedl found himself enraptured by the artistic and technical side of portrait work. The artist tells OnTheGo.com that studying photography allowed him to "see[ ] the light. It was my ''ah ha'' moment."
In this new exhibit, Gsedl uses a subtle combination of natural and artificial light to frame the more subtle aspects of his subjects. A standout among his work is "Madame," a black and white print capturing the elegance and confidence of American model Shalondra Rae.
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.