Zac Posen to showcase his interior design skills
on Thursday,February 11,2010 20:02
Fashion designer Zac Posen has put his skills to the test in a new boutique condo development in New York City.
Posen, who is best known for his eponymous womenswear brand, will reveal his first attempt at interior design at the opening of an F and T Group project next month, the Real Deal reports.
The designer is currently lending his vision to the kitchens, bathrooms, fixtures and finishes of the building's model apartments. He is also working on the surfaces of the development's gym, lobby and amenities.
Posen told the media outlet that his designs are intended to "invoke desire" and "bring some warmth and regality to industrial New York City."
Although Posen became famous for his line of gowns and cocktail dresses, the designer has expressed interest in interior design. In September, he was rumored to be in the process of creating a line of furniture, according to the New York Post.
The Real Deal reports that this project has been put on hold, and Posen will not provide his decorating advice to tenants of the new building "unless they are really wealthy" and able to afford his "expensive taste."
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.