Madonna may become Macys latest fashion designer
on Tuesday,February 16,2010 23:02
Pop icon Madonna could become the latest entertainer to enter the world of fashion design, as the singer is currently in talks with Macy's to launch an exclusive collection, Women's Wear Daily reports.
The self-proclaimed material girl will have the opportunity to express her love for all things worldly by lending her design skills to a line of apparel, intimates, accessories and footwear, according to the media outlet.
Insiders say that Truth or Dare - the name of a 1991 film that documented Madonna's Blonde Ambition tour - is under consideration for the name of the underwear and lingerie collections.
The news source says that Iconix Brand Group - which owns and licenses brands such as Candies, Bongo, Rampage, London Fog, Rocawear, Danskin and Badgley Mischka - is involved in negotiations for the line, which is expected to be contracted soon.
A deal with Macy's would not be the artist's first project in the fashion world, as she previously designed a line for H and M called M by Madonna, according to TransWorldNews.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Providing accredited online courses and degree programs since 1987.
- A military-friendly school, it ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Students can customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Program and course tuition is all-inclusive: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Alumni can enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Now part of the Sanford-Brown network of schools.
- Degree programs are developed to address current and expected needs of the design, fashion, and media arts and technology industries.
- Many programs let students combine classes on campus with online courses.
- Has a Career Services department that offers career development strategy, résumé and cover letter assistance, and more.
- Online Courses
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.