Graduates of graphic design program mentioned at Oscars
on Friday,February 19,2010 20:02
Students who choose to pursue a degree in graphic design or animation may be able to launch a career in the entertainment industry after they graduate.
This year, several individuals who earned degrees from Full Sail University are receiving credit at the Academy Awards.
A total of 53 of the school's former students were credited for their work on 22 Oscar-nominated films. In addition, Full Sail graduates worked on nine out of the ten films that are up for the Best Picture award.
Former students are mentioned in nominated films in categories such as Best Picture, Best Performance by an Actor/Actress in a Leading Role, Animated Feature Film, Cinematography, Music, Directing, Visual Effects, Film Editing and Sound Mixing.
These successful graduates may have received degrees in subjects including graphic design, recording engineering, computer animation, game design, digital art and design or media design.
Individuals who choose to pursue similar degrees may gain the opportunity to work on high-profile projects in the entertainment and media industry. These initiatives may include concerts, video and computer games, films or television shows.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.