Designers to bring gamers to the runway
on Monday,February 22,2010 20:02
Video gamers will soon have the opportunity to virtually enter the fashion world through two new games that will allow them to test their design skills.
The New York Daily News reports that Atari and 505 Games will both release games that are intended to give consumers the opportunity to play designer.
Atari's Project Runway game for Nintendo's Wii system, which is based on the Lifetime network's television show, will be available at the beginning of March. Players will be able to design clothing and earn points for their adherence to fashion mentor Tim Gunn's guidelines. After they have created their looks, players can earn points by walking to the beat of music on the console's balance board.
The game will also feature an interactive garment studio, a fashion career mode as well as hair and makeup studios, according to company officials.
Designers at 505 Games are currently working on a similar product that will give gamers and insider's view of Fashion Week.
Jeremy Bartnett, the company's vice president of marketing development, said the game follows the "new formula" for successful virtual platforms - "social interaction and real-world brands."
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
50 Years of Excellence In Education
Coleman University is a private non-profit teaching university founded in 1963 and located in San Diego, California. Its undergraduate and graduate programs prepare individuals for technology-focused careers and leadership. As San Diego’s oldest school dedicated to information technology, Coleman University has historically educated a large number of the region’s business-technology professionals.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.