Designer receives notoriety for Norwegian mens curling teams uniforms
on Tuesday,February 23,2010 23:02
Since the debut of the Norwegian men's curling team at this year's Winter Olympics, Sonoma, California-based designer Scott "Woody" Woodworth has seen an exponential growth in business, Reuters reports.
Woodworth, who owns the golfing gear brand Loudmouth Golf, created the harlequin-style red, white and blue trousers that were adopted by Norway's curler's for the games. Although the team purchased the pants through a retailer, Woodworth hopes that their popularity will help him enter other athletic markets.
"We're definitely going to go into skiing next, [even if] it means doing a whole new lot of research and development," he told the media outlet.
Golfer John Daly and Alice Cooper are two famous fans of Loudmouth Golf, which was founded by Woodworth - a former graphic designer - when he was searching for something fun to wear to a golf tournament 10 years ago.
Woodworth will have one more high-profile client to add to his roster after the games are over, as the Norwegian team has announced they will give one of their uniforms to King Harald when they return home, the Vancouver Sun reports.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.