Fashion designers compete for Oscar night fame
on Friday,February 26,2010 20:02
Aspiring fashion designers may have the opportunity to see their creations hit the red carpet on Oscar night, as the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced the finalists of the Oscars Designers Challenge, BBC News reports.
A total of nine fashion students were selected from a pool of applicants to put their original dress designs to a public vote. The winning gown will be worn by a model who will bring the statuettes up to the stage throughout the night at this year's event. In turn, the winning designer will have the opportunity to present their style to the celebrity world and grab the attention of hoards of viewers across the globe.
Finalists have already gotten a taste of a high-profile designer's lifestyle, as they were introduced to members of the fashion and entertainment press during a visit to the Academy's headquarters in Beverly Hills on Tuesday.
The winning design will be revealed during the preshow of the 82nd Annual Academy Awards, which will air March 7, according to the Academy's website. Voting will continue through Monday.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.