Organization hosts design contest for Holocaust memorial
on Monday,March 01,2010 22:03
The Atlantic City Boardwalk Holocaust Memorial corporation has opened the entry process for its memorial design contest, which will challenge current and prospective architects from across the globe to create an original plan for a monument.
Qualified entrants are invited to create an original design for a memorial that could be erected on a 60' by 40' site on the city's boardwalk, according to the contest's website. The monument should be accessible to many types of individuals, as project officials expect that hundreds of thousands of tourists will visit the memorial each year.
In addition, the design should serve as an outlet for visitors who wish to reflect, converse, contemplate, discuss and learn about the Holocaust.
The competition is open to architects, landscape architects, city planners, sculptors, artists and designers who may choose to work in teams or individually to devise their plans.
February 15 is the deadline to mail submissions and a $100 processing fee - $50 for students - for the first phase of the competition. A panel of judges will select finalists to receive a $2,500 stipend to create 3D models of their designs.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.