Organization hosts design contest for Holocaust memorial
on Monday,March 01,2010 22:03
The Atlantic City Boardwalk Holocaust Memorial corporation has opened the entry process for its memorial design contest, which will challenge current and prospective architects from across the globe to create an original plan for a monument.
Qualified entrants are invited to create an original design for a memorial that could be erected on a 60' by 40' site on the city's boardwalk, according to the contest's website. The monument should be accessible to many types of individuals, as project officials expect that hundreds of thousands of tourists will visit the memorial each year.
In addition, the design should serve as an outlet for visitors who wish to reflect, converse, contemplate, discuss and learn about the Holocaust.
The competition is open to architects, landscape architects, city planners, sculptors, artists and designers who may choose to work in teams or individually to devise their plans.
February 15 is the deadline to mail submissions and a $100 processing fee - $50 for students - for the first phase of the competition. A panel of judges will select finalists to receive a $2,500 stipend to create 3D models of their designs.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.