Competition to award scholarships real-world experience to budding fashion experts
on Thursday,March 04,2010 22:03
Youngsters who wish to pursue careers in the fashion industry may want to consider entering scholarship competitions that can give them experience in the field, such as the Next Direct Children's Model Competition.
Wilhelmina Models and fashion brand Next Direct have partnered to host the event, which is open to children between the ages of four and seven years.
Qualified students can enter the contest by uploading a picture of themselves onto the competition's Facebook page. Visitors to the site will vote on the entries to determine the top 50 finalists, who will be flown to Universal Studios in Los Angeles for the final round of judging.
A selection committee will select one winner to receive a one-year modeling contract and a $100,000 scholarship, which they can use to enroll in a college degree program in fashion design after they have learned about the industry.
Eligible candidates and their families may enter the competition through March 15, and the judging event at Universal Studios will take place in late April.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.