Designer Bestey Johnson lends her skills to the AAPD annual gala
on Thursday,March 11,2010 21:03
Fashion mogul Betsey Johnson traveled to Washington, DC this week to show her support for the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), CBS News reports.
To help with the organization's annual Leadership Gala, Johnson gave the AAPD logo a rocker-chick makeover using her favorite color - hot pink - as well as black doodles. The revamped design is intended to serve as a reflection of empowerment, according to the news source.
The fashion mogul also hosted a fashion show that featured disabled women wearing her clothes.
"It's just been so heartwarming to see my clothes on people in wheelchairs and people needing physical support," she told the news source.
The event, which took place last night, was also a fundraiser for the AAPD as well as a celebration of the organization's 15th anniversary and the 20th Anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act, according to the AAPD website.
Music legend Stevie Wonder gave a performance at the gala, where he was named the winner of the association's Image Award for his life's work.
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.