Lebanese designer takes fashion to the high seas
on Monday,March 15,2010 20:03
Couturier Elie Saab will attempt to take his creations from the red carpet to ocean waters with a new superyacht design, CNN reports.
The boat - which Saab has named the ES117, a combination of his initials and its projected 117-meter length - will feature 12 suites, a swimming pool, a movie theater, a helicopter, a submarine, a spa and a gym.
Saab partnered with Weyves Couture to develop plans for the boat, which will be built by Oceanco shipbuilders. Although an expected cost has not yet been released, Saab told the media outlet that several potential buyers have already shown an interest in purchasing the superyacht.
He added that "both haute couture and superyachts are distinctive examples of luxury" and "adding a designer's vision to the creation is the ultimate luxury."
The news provider did not indicate when the vessel is expected to hit the market.
Saab has not let the venture get in the way of his original passion , as both Rachel McAdams and Anna Kendrick donned designs from his January collection at the Academy Awards earlier this month, Style.com reports.
- Apparel Design (AA)
- Apparel Design (BFA)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.