Spring Design releases Android-powered Alex E-reader
on Tuesday,March 16,2010 23:03
Officials from Michigan State University have announced that ground has been broken on the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum, which is expected to open next spring.
The structure, which was designed by world-renowned architect Zaha Hadid, is expected to span 46,000 square feet and three stories. The campus entrance to the museum will feature pleated stainless steel and a glass exterior. Upon completion, the facility will feature 70 percent gallery space, which will be primarily devoted to contemporary art displays.
Outside the museum, visitors will be able to walk around an outdoor sculpture garden and a large pedestrian plaza.
Hadid's design, which was selected through an international design contest in January 2008, is intended to "[capture] the imagination, presenting endless possibilities for exhibitions in state-of-the-art galleries and continuing Michigan State University's reputation for excellence and innovation," the architect said.
The project was initiated by a $28 million gift from Eli and Edythe Broad, and fundraisers have obtained approximately $33 million in private financing. They expect the project will require approximately $7 million more in private donations to be completed within the projected 20-month time frame.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.