Student wins design award for folding plug
on Wednesday,March 17,2010 20:03
A student from the Royal College of Art in London has been named the winner of the Brit Insurance Design of the Year for his foldable electric plug, BBC News reports.
The awardee, Min-Kyu Choi, devised the idea for a more portable plug while carrying around a conventional plug to charge his laptop, accord to the news source. His invention was selected from a total of 90 entries, including fashion designer Alexander McQueen's last collection, which received one of seven category awards.
Choi's folding plus was also named a category winner earlier this month by a panel of judges that included artist Antony Gormley, designer Tom Dixon, Wired magazine editor David Rowan and broadcaster Janet Street-Porter.
This year's categories included architecture, fashion, furniture, graphics, interactive, product, and transport, according to the website of the Design Museum, which disburses the awards. Winners in each of these areas will be on display through October.
Deyan Sudjic, director of the museum, told the news source that the folding plug is "a practical but elegant demonstration of what design can do to make everyday life so much better."
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.