Redesign project launched to make Bostons public housing more efficient
on Friday,March 19,2010 20:03
Public housing facilities in Boston are about to get a bit greener, as city officials have launched a series of exterior and interior design projects that will make these buildings more energy-efficient.
Mayor Thomas M. Menino has announced that most of the Boston Housing Authority's facilities will undergo renovations to help these homes conserve more water and energy. Approximately 6,300 apartments at 13 public housing developments will benefit from the initiative, which is expected to cost $63 million.
Through the project, these facilities will receive more efficient water closets, showerheads and faucet aerators, sustainable lighting fixtures, electric heating and cooling systems, photovoltaic power generators, fiberglass windows as well as cooling roof membranes. In addition, an education, training and employment program will be launched to help residents promote sustainable living.
Mayor Menino said that the initiative will be "saving energy, creating almost 600 jobs, saving the taxpayers' money and improving low-income neighborhoods all at the same time."
Ameresco, a Framingham, Massachusetts-based clean energy solutions company, will provide engineering, design and implementation services for the project, which is slated to begin this summer.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Game Art & Design (BFA)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.