New website allows consumers interior designers to buy furniture directly
on Monday,March 22,2010 19:03
Amateur and professional interior designers will soon have the opportunity to influence the furniture market, as a new website allows them to choose the pieces that will enter mass-production.
The Telegraph reports that internet entrepreneur Ning Li and a team of high-profile investors has announced the launch of Made.com, a new website that links buyers directly to furniture manufacturers.
Designers have the opportunity to showcase their designs on the site, where visitors can vote on their favorite pieces. Items that receive the highest amount of votes will be put into production, and the individuals who voted on them will be able to buy them at a discounted price.
The creators expect that buyers can save between 50 and 80 percent on featured furnishings by eliminating the wholesaler, according to the Made.com.
Buyers will also be able to choose from designs from around the world, as site organizers have already worked with designers from the UK to the Far East, according to the news source.
Li told the media outlet that the online platform is intended to "bring appealing design to as many people as possible, revolutionizing how furniture is sold and how you buy it."
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.