Rodarte designers rumored to be entering the fur sector
on Friday,March 26,2010 20:03
Insiders say that the creators of designer label Rodarte may be partnering with a high-end fur company.
New York magazine reports that sources close to Kate and Laura Mulleavy, who founded the dress brand, say that the duo may be in talks with fur designer Revillon, despite repeat denials from the ladies' reps.
Revillon's previous designer, Peter Dundas, left the brand in October of 2008 to work for Pucci, prompting the company to stay off the Paris runways at last month's fashion week, according to the news source.
According to the Rodarte website, the Mulleavys launched the line in 2005 after graduating from the University of California, Berkeley. The brand is currently carried by several high-end retailers, including Barney's, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Beams, Harvey Nichols, Colette, Ikram, Nordstrom, Jeffrey, Dover Street Market, Joyce, Podium and 10 Corso Como. The line currently produces approximately 1,000 pieces per year and typically cost several thousand dollars, according to the magazine.
Industry experts anticipate that the Mulleavys could debut their Revillon line at Couture Week in July.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.