City planners begin design work on Appomattox Civil War trail
on Tuesday,March 30,2010 00:03
Despite a series of setbacks, design work has finally begun on a trail that will connect a series of Civil War landmarks in Lynchburg, Virginia.
The Lynchburg News and Advance reports that county planners have begun planning the layout of the Appomattox Heritage and Recreational Trail, which will link the Appomattox Court House National Historical Park to surrounding landmarks. These will include the Museum of Confederacy site and the battlefield of Appomattox Station.
The launch of the project comes at a historical time, as April 8 marks the 145th anniversary of surrender at Appomattox, according to the park's website.
Although the county hired Land Planning and Design Associates of Charlottesville to engineer the trail last fall, their efforts were stalled due to funding issues. Since then, the project has received approximately $273,000 in federal grants to initiate construction.
However, county officials say that funding is still needed before these efforts can be fully launched.
"We have to have all the money in hand before we start building," county planner Johnnie Roark told the news source.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.