Georgia-based school launches course for do-it-yourself designers
on Wednesday,March 31,2010 18:03
Individuals who wish to do their own design work may be able to hone their skills through a new college course.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Kennesaw State University's Continuing Education department will be holding a class that will teach students to use Home and Garden Television's (HGTV) Home Design Software.
According to the HGTV website, the software is intended to help homeowners plan room additions or launch other home improvement projects, including retrofitting, appliance upgrades or kitchen remodels. Using a 3D graphics library and drag-and-drop functionality, do-it-yourself designers can begin planning their new interiors.
Over the course of three six-hour seminars, students will be given a crash course in using the software, which is intended to be accessible to individuals with basic Microsoft Windows skills. During the classes, students will use the software to creating and furnishing a practice house while receiving style and color tips from a designer.
Melissa Vickery, the school's assistant director of advanced technology, told the news source that "this class is perfect for people who want to add value to their existing home or for those who have purchased distressed property in need of renovations."
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.