Organization to offer scholarships designers of plus-size clothing
on Wednesday,March 31,2010 18:03
Prospective designers who wish to further their fashion education may want to consider applying for scholarships, such as those that are available through the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance (NAAFA).
The organization has announced it will award $1,000 to a fashion design student who plans to specialize in plus-size clothing.
Qualified students can enter the contest by submitting three drawings of designs that are intended for women's sizes 16 to 32, proof of their enrollment in a fashion design school as well as an essay explaining why their creations are unique and their motivation for working in the plus-size industry.
Entries should be submitted in an electronic format and be no larger than two megabytes. June 1 is the deadline for entry, and the winner will be selected on June 15.
The recipient will participate in the NAAFA Convention Fashion Show in August, where they will have the opportunity to show one of their garments. The budding designer may receive as much as $600 in additional funding to cover the cost of travel and other expenses associated with the show.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.