Luxury hotel chain announces fashion prize to support up-and-coming designers
on Wednesday,March 31,2010 18:03
Emerging designers who require financing to launch a new collection may be able to receive financing through a new contest.
The Dorchester Collection, a luxury hotel chain with branches throughout Europe and the U.S., has announced the launch of its Fashion Prize, which is intended to help budding designers bring their ideas to life.
Beginning this year, the hospitality company will give one designer £25,000 to put toward a new line. While this year's inaugural prize will be open to UK-based designers only, the award will be available in the U.S. beginning next year.
Applicants are required to have their own established design business, which should be at least two years old. A panel of judges selected by fashion writer Bronwyn Cosgrave will choose the winner based on their submission's individuality, luxury, style and craftsmanship. Panelists include The Hon, Daphne Guinness, Giles Deacon, Yasmin Le Bon, Manolo Blahnik and Millner Stephen Jones.
The recipient will be named in November at an awards ceremony at The Dorchester in London. In addition to the prize money, the winner will receive accommodation and a reception at the Dorchester Collection location of their choice.
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.