Retailer partners with designers to create affordable bridal gown line
on Wednesday,March 31,2010 18:03
Due to a partnership between a new retailer and several established dressmakers, brides-to-be may soon be able to find designer gowns for a reasonable price.
Designer Bride, a recently developed discount retailer, has announced a collaboration with several designers who have agreed to create wedding gowns that will cost between $1,000 and $3,500 each.
Carmen Marc Valvo, David Meister, Angel Sanchez and Lily Pulitzer have all signed on for the collection, which is slated to launch in June. Each designer will provide 12 original styles for the project.
These dressmakers were approached for the variance in their designs, which range from refined, classic and preppy to urban and American.
Adrian East, the company's co-founder, said that she and her partner, Sever Garcia, " focused on selecting ready-to-wear designers that would offer looks that retain each designers aesthetic and still provide a variety of styles and price points."
She added that the collection targets fashion-conscious brides who already have a style, cut and fit in mind, but cannot afford to splurge on high-end designs.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail University offers online degree programs that are designed for the world of entertainment, media, arts, and technology. Full Sail's approach is centered on real-world industry experience and creative problem solving.
- Full Sail uses the experience and knowledge gained from more than three decades of educational innovation to create an unparalleled online education experience that challenges and inspires our students.
- Learning at Full Sail has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas, and our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Through Full Sail’s multitude of online program offerings, students get: One-click access to instructors, Powerful collaborative tools, Interactive learning environments and Innovative curriculum.
- Full Sail's newest program is the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting. Developed in collaboration with sportscasting veteran Dan Patrick, the goal is to provide students with real world experience both behind and in fornt of the camera.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.