Outlet mall creates pop-up store to showcase new designers
on Wednesday,March 31,2010 18:03
In an effort to celebrate up-and-coming talent on the British fashion scene, outlet complex Bicester Village and the British Fashion Council have announced a partnership to create a new pop-up store at the shopping center, Easier reports.
The shop - which was opened this week and will run through May 7 - will offer ready-to-wear and accessory collections at discounts as high as 60 percent. Some of the designs are straight off the London catwalks, while others are key pieces of the season, according to the store's website.
Furthermore, the designers will have the opportunity to reach their target demographics directly in order to gain more exposure, according to Easier. Brands that have already committed to the store include House of Holland, Richard Nicoll, Markus Lupfer, Emma Cook, Osman, Mary Katrantzou, Louise Gray, Sykes, Felder Felder, Hannah Marshall, Charlotte Olympia, Maria Francesca Pepe and Nicholas Kirkwood.
Desiree Bollier, CEO of Bicester Village and Value Retail, told the news source that the boutique-style shop is intended to provide "a retail opportunity for young designers to showcase and sell their collections to the wider public."
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
Our objective is to prepare you for a life-long, successful career in Media Arts, Business or Information Technology. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible foundation that will serve you in your first job as well as throughout your career.
- Graphic Design/Desktop Publishing
- Multimedia and Design
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
Our family of non-profit colleges admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.Show more [+]
- Accelerated Programs
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.