Iconic Chanel designer creates home safe
on Wednesday,March 31,2010 18:03
After a two-year design process, German safe manufacturer Dottling has announced the release of a home safe created by fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The safe, which the designer dubbed Narcissus, stands six feet tall and is three feet wide and weighs approximately 1,760 pounds, according to the news source. Features include an owner recognition technology that grants access to two pop-out cabinets, chrome-plated aluminum skin and a mirror-like finish.
A total of 30 models will be distributed on a made-to-order basis for consumers who can afford the $340,000 price tag, which may increase if Lagerfield adds a markup. The safes will be sold exclusively through LA Closet Design in West Hollywood.
According to the company's website, the designer worked with managing partner and master locksmith Markus Dottling to create the piece in a "quest for absolute perfection."
Lagerfeld told the media outlet that he is "not interested in what people want" and "designed a safe that [he] would like to own and which will stand in [his] home."
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.