Vivienne Westwood dress a hit among celebrities imposters
on Monday,April 05,2010 23:04
Since it made its debut as Carrie Bradshaw's wedding gown in the big-screen version of Sex and the City, Vivienne Westwood's Lily dress has been making appearances on red carpets and on discount retailers' racks across the country.
The New York Daily News reports that celebrities such as Anne Hathaway, Emma Thompson, Sandra Bullock and Leona Lewis are fans of the design due to its slimming qualities. Women of any shape may be flattered by the dress due to its structured corset and sweetheart bust line.
"The top is [Westwood's] signature detail," a brand representative told the news source.
While all versions of the dress include this feature, "the silhouettes can be quite different," the spokesperson added.
"There's a flute dress or a frilly '50s-inspired A-line."
While a shortened, non-bridal version of the gown will put fashion lovers out nearly $10,000, affordable retailers like Top Shop and Forever 21 have created dresses that follow the corset-sweetheart trend inspired by the Westwood original.
The designer has also created a shorter design called the Carrie, which can be used as a cocktail or wedding dress, according to the brand's website.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Several scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Has over 50 locations in 27 countries around the world.
- Tuition covers equipment costs, including an Apple MacBook Pro and other recording equipment
- United States campuses offer programs in Audio Technology, Beat Lab Production, Electronic Music Production, iPhone App Development, and Music Business.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.