BMW to unveil 17th Art Car design in France this summer
on Wednesday,April 07,2010 00:04
Car manufacturer BMW has announced it will reveal its 2010 Art Car, which was designed by artist Jeff Koons, at the Centre Pompidou in Paris this June.
Koons used the company's M3 GT2 to create the 17th annual Art Car, which was recently cleared to participate in the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in France this summer. The artist unveiled the details of his design earlier this week at a press conference in New York City.
To devise the design that will appear on the finished car, Koons created a digital collage of race cars and other assorted graphics that represented color and speed. Using this artwork for inspiration, Koons layered saturated hues on a black background in an effort to complement the car's silver interior.
"There's a lot of power under that hood and I want to let my ideas transcend with the car," Koons said of his creative process.
"It's really to connect with that power," he concluded.
The artist is currently working with BMW's design team in Munich to ensure that the car is ready for the race, which will take place June 12 and 13.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.