BMW to unveil 17th Art Car design in France this summer
on Wednesday,April 07,2010 00:04
Car manufacturer BMW has announced it will reveal its 2010 Art Car, which was designed by artist Jeff Koons, at the Centre Pompidou in Paris this June.
Koons used the company's M3 GT2 to create the 17th annual Art Car, which was recently cleared to participate in the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in France this summer. The artist unveiled the details of his design earlier this week at a press conference in New York City.
To devise the design that will appear on the finished car, Koons created a digital collage of race cars and other assorted graphics that represented color and speed. Using this artwork for inspiration, Koons layered saturated hues on a black background in an effort to complement the car's silver interior.
"There's a lot of power under that hood and I want to let my ideas transcend with the car," Koons said of his creative process.
"It's really to connect with that power," he concluded.
The artist is currently working with BMW's design team in Munich to ensure that the car is ready for the race, which will take place June 12 and 13.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.