Furniture retailer hosts contest for interior designers
on Wednesday,April 07,2010 00:04
Design Within Reach, a San Francisco-based provider of designer furniture and accessories, has announced a call for entries for an interior design contest.
Students, professionals and enthusiasts who have used any of the company's products to style a room are eligible to submit their work. Projects may feature commercial, hospitable or residential spaces, and are required to use Design Within Reach furniture or accessories to make an original creation. Entrants will also be asked to submit a short biography and a 500-word explanation of their design, according to the corporate website.
The winner will receive a $10,000 gift card, which they can use to purchase Design Within Reach products. Furthermore, the awardee will be invited to participate in one of the company's studio events and be the subject of a feature in its catalog as well as its website.
John Edelman, CEO and president of Design Within Reach, said that the competition is intended to "celebrate the modern aesthetic" and give his company's customers the opportunity to inspire other budding interior designers.
April 30 is the deadline for qualified individuals to submit their designs.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.