Puma unveils new sustainable bag design
on Wednesday,April 14,2010 00:04
In an effort to adopt more eco-friendly practices, sportswear retailer Puma has announced the launch of a new line of packaging that is intended to reduce the company's carbon footprint.
The sustainable packaging, which was created by industrial designer Yves Behar, was unveiled Tuesday at London's Design Museum. Company officials say that the bag - which can be used as both a shoebox and a carrying case - could significantly reduce the amount of waste and CO2 emissions that are typically produced by traditional cardboard shoeboxes and polyethylene shopping bags.
Behard dubbed his creation the Clever Little Bag and made the product reusable, lightweight and durable enough to protect shoes on their journey from the factory to a buyer's home.
Over the next five years, the retailer hopes to reduce carbon, energy, water and waste by 25 percent, and produce 50 percent of its footwear, apparel and accessories according to best practice sustainability standards.
Jochen Zeitz, Puma's chairman and CEO, said that the company has "already started to reduce [its] carbon emissions, curtail wasteful transportation, recycle and reuse available materials, use water sparingly, and become paperless."
- Push Your Creativity To The Next Level.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
- Offers several scholarship opportunities for students who qualify.
- Laptop computers are issued to each student at the beginning of their program.
- Provides programs in health care, business, information technology, and graphic arts.
- Respiratory Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.