Photography show benefits local baseball players
on Monday,April 19,2010 17:04
Both amateur and professional photographers will get a chance to put their work on display tonight at Santa Clarita Barnes and Noble, and the proceeds benefiting a local non-profit for aspiring baseball players.
The theme of the show is "Passion," and Tony Berru, the local photographer organizing the event, says that the show helps foster a talented photography community.
"The striking kinds of imagery you see, it's amazing the things these guys did," he told news station KHTS of Santa Clarita. "Like baseball, when you take a kid who likes what they are doing and you give them some recognition they're going to be pumped."
The charity benefiting from the show is called Players for Promise, which helps aspiring baseball players, who otherwise may not be as attractive to college admission boards, find scholarships.
Berru told the news source the charity works with mostly with children for whom English is a second language. The charity tries to find these children tutors in order to help them get ready for college.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.