Major League Baseball rolls out new line to benefit troops
on Tuesday,April 20,2010 15:04
Major League Baseball announced today it will start wearing its support for the nation's troops on its sleeve, with the unveiling of a new line of military-themed clothing to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.
The line includes men's and women's camouflage as well as army green t-shirts, baseball hats and army style hats that incorporate the names, numbers and facsimile signatures of 26 major leaguers.
A percentage of the proceeds will go straight to the charity, which works to provide programs and services to thousands of wounded service men and women. The clothing is on sale now at Wal-Mart locations around the country
Johnny Damon of the Detroit Tigers, who is also a national spokesman for the Wounded Warriors Project, said "it's an honor to help raise funds and awareness of our wounded warriors by supporting the project."
"Thousands of brave young men and women put their lives on the line every day, and this program gives us an opportunity to show our gratitude."
The Wounded Warrior Project raised $41,768,466 in 2008, according to the most recent statistics.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.