Sferra announces partnership with fashion designer Peter Som
on Wednesday,April 21,2010 21:04
Luxury linen retailer Sferra has launched a collaboration with fashion and lifestyle brand Peter Som to create a new bedding collection.
The new line is intended to reach consumers who are fashion-savvy and looking for luxury and function in their bedding. Sferra also produces bath and linen products, which are marked by rich colors and quality fabrics.
To create the line, Som plans to translate the design elements he used to create his ready-to-wear American sportswear line. In partnership with Aaron Stewart, Sferra's creative director, the designer will create bedding that has whimsical and elegant feel, and that is composed of fine Egyptian cotton.
To gain inspiration for the line, Som said that he has already taken some of the signature prints from his runway collections. The final designs will be printed in Italy at one of the world's most prominent print houses, and the line is expected to become available next January.
Stewart said that the partnership is intended to help Sferra "expand [its] clientele by reaching the fashion-conscious consumer who carries an effortless elegance and allure."
- Fashion Marketing (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.