Water bottle design to raise money for environmental charities
on Thursday,April 22,2010 20:04
In celebration of the 40 year anniversary of both Earth Day and the company's founding, Finlandia Vodka has announced four new water bottle designs to benefit global environmental programs.
The graphic elements of the bottles were designed by Finnish graphic artist Klaus Haapaniemi. They represent aspects of Finland's heritage, including the midnight sun which shines for 73 days each year, Norse mythology, barley fields and fresh glacial water.
The bottles will sell for $28 each, and the profits will be split among four different environmental protection groups.
Finlandia associate creative director Jennie Meador said that "the money raised will provide for some tremendous projects around the globe," adding that Haapaniemi's designs would give the fundraising efforts a major boost.
"His designs have brought our brand stories to life. And, with proceeds going to such great charities, this program really respects the nature of the Finnish spirit of sustainable living," she said.
Finlandia will start selling the water bottles at their website on May 3.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.