Interior designer wins two competitions
on Wednesday,April 28,2010 20:04
Interior designer Cecilia Staniec is having a good year. She took home first place for her bedroom design in a recent competition put on by Design Trade Magazine, and it was just announced that she has won another contest, this time for her design of a media cabinet.
The competition, hosted by Highpoint, North Carolina-based furnishings company Maitland-Smith, received more than 1,000 submissions from around the world, but the company said Staniec's design was chosen by the panel of judges, as well as online voters.
Designer Barclay Butera, who was on the judging committee, said the media cabinet was "stunning" for the creativity that went into it.
"The symmetry mixed with geometric pattern makes for a great statement piece," she said. "It could even be mistaken as a glamorous piece from an early Hollywood home."
As part of the prize for winning, Maitland-Smith will producer Staniec's design, and promote it on their website and newsletter.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.