Contest challenges high school students to design sustainable automotive dashboards
on Tuesday,May 04,2010 00:05
As the demand for eco-friendly products continues to rise, Progressive Auto Insurance is challenging students to bring their ideas for a green future alive through its Dash+ contest.
For the contest, which is sponsored by the company's Automotive X Prize Education Program, teams of high school students from across the country were required to create an eco-friendly automotive dashboard. Each team was asked to use their science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills to create a dashboard concept, technical plan and pitch video that details how their idea could change the transportation industry.
The plans were also required to maximize fuel efficiency and encourage behavioral change by providing environment-related feedback to the driver.
Mitch Aiken, director of education for the program, said "the caliber of entries shows that teenagers from all parts of the country are excited about STEM and eager to participate in the future of these fields."
A total of three semifinalists teams have already been chosen, and the grand prize winner will be selected at the end of the month. Members of the top team will have the opportunity to travel to Detroit this summer, where they will have the opportunity pitch their idea to experts in the automotive industry.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.