Devin Crane to debut new painting collection in Paris
on Wednesday,May 05,2010 00:05
Los Angeles-based painter Devin Crane has announced he will reveal his new collection in Paris this month.
The exhibit, called Heaven Can Wait, will mark Crane's first international solo exhibit. The collection of 17 paintings combines high fashion, sexuality and theology.
Crane's influences stem from a middle-class upbringing in Los Angeles, where he was exposed to the wealth of his friends and classmates. Here, he became enamored with fashion and luxury brands, and integrates the work of designers such as Dior, Versace, Lagerfeld, Galliano and Valentino into his paintings.
The works showcased in the Heaven Can Wait exhibit integrate these elements with facets of theology and antiquity, which the artist explored during years of Catholic school.
Crane said that he "wanted to bathe each painting in heavenly light and contrast with dark pieces of turmoil," and that the themes portrayed in the collection are intended to represent "the choices we make in life that can either bring us absolute pleasure or confinement in our self-made prisons."
The exhibit will be unveiled on May 26 at the Galerie Arludik in Paris.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.