Utah student receives scholarship recognition for office building design
on Thursday,May 13,2010 14:05
A local design contest recently enabled one architecture student to gain recognition and financial aid, both of which could help him launch a new career.
Students at Southern Utah University created original designs for a new office building in the school's town of Rockville, The Spectrum and Daily News reports. From these submissions, city officials selected Joseph Palmer's blueprints for the new structure.
The competition was intended to give students the opportunity to gain exposure and help the town obtain a grant for the new building without spending tax dollars on expensive architectural services, according to the media outlet.
For his submission, Palmer received recognition from Rockville's mayor and other city officials. In addition, the town gave him a $750 scholarship to help him cover the cost of tuition for his remaining time at the university.
In the future, Palmer plans to enroll in graduate school to pursue a career in architecture, according to the news source.
The student's career prospects will most likely be favorable after he finishes school, as the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the demand for architects is expected to increase by 16 percent in the next eight years.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- A private, accredited distance learning college based in Norcross, Georgia founded in 1987.
- Ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Gives students the option to customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Offers all-inclusive tuition: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Allows alumni to enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. The leading source for training, staffing, and career transitions, we foster a flourishing community of professionals pursuing careers they love.Show more [+]
- Online Courses
Our objective is to prepare you for a life-long, successful career in Media Arts, Business or Information Technology. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible foundation that will serve you in your first job as well as throughout your career.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.