Otis College of Art and Design to launch lingerie decorating contest
on Friday,May 14,2010 21:05
In order to prepare for a celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October, the Otis College of Art and Design has announced it will host a bra decorating contest for rising juniors.
Over the summer, a total of 20 students will have the opportunity to create original bra designs, which they will submit at the beginning of the school year. Each entry will be reviewed by a panel of judges, which will include design instructors and Ugo Campello, vice president and director at designer lingerie brand Cosabella.
The judges will select one grand prize winner, whose design will be displayed at the Chesapeake Regional Medical Center's Bra-ha-ha gala. The annual event, which draws approximately 150 entries each year, displays original bra designs that are intended to tell stories of hope, preservation and support in celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
"Having young adults involved in our event truly helps spread the message about how important breast health is for everyone and the power of people coming together to further a good cause," said Angela McPike, the medical center's vice president of marketing, planning and business development.
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 2/15!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.