Eco-friendly modular housing designs growing in popularity
on Friday,May 14,2010 21:05
Blu Homes Inc. of Waltham, Massachusetts is one of several builders of green modular housing that has benefited from the demand for eco-friendly, reasonably-priced home designs.
The company's Blu|Element models range from 800 to almost 1,100 square feet and include several one- or two-bedroom floor plans, each of these options allows buyers to choose window, door and wall configurations. Prices start at $125,000 per home.
The design programs include high-efficiency heating systems that can maximize passive heating and cooling. Blu combines computer modeling, factory construction and stronger materials to build the homes quickly and ship them anywhere. Then, the company's staff travels to the home site and completes the construction.
Green modular homes such as these have grown in popularity, the New York Times reported earlier this year, referring to the overall cost efficiency and use of eco-friendly materials.
Blu Homes recently completed work on a home for Rainy Day and Eileen Cullinane of Charlestown, Rhode Island. "I've been looking for a green home that I could afford for years," said Rainy Day, a local school bus driver. "We feel very much at home."
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Online and on-campus programs include Cloud Technologies (BS), Mobile Development (BS), and Web Design and Development (BS)
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career in tech by immersing students in a project-based learning environment
- Students can learn how to manage cloud technology or gain coding skills for apps, websites, and software
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Online Courses
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.