St Petersburg named the countrys arts capital
on Monday,May 17,2010 23:05
AmericanStyle magazine has named St. Petersburg the nation's top arts destination through its annual survey of the country's top 25 designer cities, the Tampa Bay Business Journal reports.
Although the city has been recognized by the magazine for the past nine years, this is the first year St. Petersburg has ranked in the top 10, according to the news source. The city held the 22nd spot in the mid-size city category last year, according to the magazine's website.
There are a total of six museums within the city's limits, including the Museum of Fine Arts and the Salvador Dali museum. St. Petersburg also includes many theater and concert venues, such as the Progress Energy Center for the Arts/Mahaffey Theater, The Palladium Theater and American Stage.
Local artists and designers can take advantage of a new studio and gallery space in the city's center, which recently replaced an arcade. This venue is one of many artistic spaces that are available in the city's downtown gallery district.
In an effort to increase the city's visibility as an artistic center, officials have supported the efforts of several of St. Petersburg's creative organizations in the recent years, including the Arts Advisory Community, Public Art Commission, St. Pete Arts Initiative, Downtown Arts Association and the St. Petersburg Artist Resource Collaborative.
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Web Design and Development (BS)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in California College San Diego is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Latest Articles & News
Kanye West to perform during Paris Fashion Week
It is no secret to many that music artist Kanye West is no stranger to fashion, and now he will be showing his new collection during Paris Fashion Week later this week, according to the Elle Magazine.
Second designer chosen for home decor competition
Teenlike.com, an ongoing online competition for young home decor designers, announced its second winner. Brandon Dover of Apply Valley, California, was this year's winner, as he created an abstract pen and inkwork design for a bedspread.